"THE RANGE" Vol. 63 No.19
THIS WEEK'S MEETING
Maleny Hotel at 6:30 for 7:00pm for a Business Meeting plus a visit from Charter Member and PP David Wilson.
APOLOGIES AND MEALS
Apologies please to Bernice before noon on Tuesday.
21st April 5th May 19th May
Duty Officer Lionel T Michael G Fran T
Assist DO Keith R Sherryl G Jeff C
Registration Paulette S Laurelle O Bernice McL
Fellowship John McL Malcolm B Alan W
WOOLWORTH SAUSAGE SIZZLE ROSTER
8th May TBA
1. Hope all of our Rotarian family in Maleny are well and or on the mend. And our prayers are with Cilla Rick and their family as Cilla prepares for surgery this week.
2. Looking forward to a catching up with you all at a fantastic fun and relaxed cluster breakfast this coming Saturday morning 24 April to celebrate 100 years of Rotary in Australia from 8.30 am for 9 am at the Beersheba Living Museum. It is a partners breakfast too.
3. And many thanks to our members who have helped out with parking duties at Australia Zoo during the school holidays and further thanks in advance for all our members helping out Chris Brooker on Anzac Day.
4. A reminder that we have a combined RUSCCF meeting coming up at the Sunshine Coast University on 12 May . Cost is $30 per head.
5. The club is also organising a shelter box and will erect it in the vacant land opposite the Community Centre on 2 May to raise funds for Shelter Box. Hoping for a big turnout.
6. Also looking forward to hearng Sherryl G' s report from her presention in relation to the good works being done by our Speak Up Now Say No to Domestic and Family Violence and Elder Abuse at the upcoming Zonta Seeds of Change Forum.
7. Finally a brief reminder that the Maleny Show is just around the corner.
MINUTES OF MEETING OF 7TH APRIL
President Greg opened the meeting by welcoming members and guests. Our guest speaker was Maddie Crane who was a Rotary Exchange student who recently spent a year in Switzerland. Maddie, like all exchange students had some great (fun) times, however importantly, she also had some life changing experiences.
24th April 100Years of Rotary Breakfast at the Beersheba Living Museum
12th May Rotary Scholarship Dinner at USC
19th May Maleny Hotel at 6:30 for 7:00pm for Business Meeting
26th May Board Meeting
28th and 29th May Maleny Show
BIRTHDAYS FOR APRIL
1st Nancy Baker 4th Phillip Stark 12th Chris Brooker 23rd John McLennan 27th Chris Ross Smith & John Whan
WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES FOR APRIL
13th Jeff & Jan Cornfoot 16th Brian and Gillian Allen 26th Bill & Marlene Hankinson
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT
A VIEW OF THE AGING PROCESS FROM MY PERSPECTIVE