Monday 30 April 2012

Maleny Rotary Bulletin Vol. 53 No. 41 for 2nd May


"THE RANGE" The Rotary Club of Maleny Inc Bulletin Vol. 53 No. 41

Wednesday 2nd May 2012

THIS WEEK

Maleny Hotel at 6:30 for 7:00pm for Rotary DVD.

DUTY ROSTERS
                                           2 May          9 May             16 May

Duty Officer                        Jim A           Malcolm B       Chris B

Registration                       Lionel T       Sherryl G         Bernice McL

ADO & Scribe                    Chris B         Mike G            Keith R

Fellowship                          Keith R        Brian A            John McL

SAUSAGE SIZZLE ROSTER

12 May
Chris Brooker (Leader)  Sherryl Gregory  Keith Rogers  Mike Gregory

26 May
Rick Vickers (Leader)  Bernice McLennan  John McLennan   Jeff Cornfoot


LAST WEEK’S MEETING

There was no meeting last week - ANZAC Day.

FUTURE MEETINGS & EVENTS

9th May   Vocational Awards Night at the Big Barrel at 6:30 for 7:00pm.  Charlotte advises "There will be fairly substantial finger food available. Only wines and soft drinks- no beer there though I guess we can cope with that. It would be nice if we could dress up a bit to make the occasion a bit special for the awardees."

16th May  Maleny High School at 6:30 for 7:00 pm for Club Assembly.

24th may  RI President's Dinner at the Gabba.

27th May Launch of ‘A Parish Odyssey (The Dobson Years)’ by Jack Wilcox at the Maleny Catholic Centre at 10:30am.

27th May District Assembly at St Columban's College.

30th May Joint Clubs meeting at USC. Partners' Night with bus provided.

BIRTHDAYS FOR MAY

4th Angela G  18th Cilla V  27th Geoff C  

WEDDING ANNIVERSARy FOR MAY

2nd David & Karen

NOW FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT

FROM OUR MEDICAL CORRESPONDENT

A REPORT ON IRISH ALZHEIMER'S

Murphy showed up at Mass one Sunday and the priest almost fell down when he saw him. Murphy had never been seen in church in his life.  After Mass, the priest caught up with Murphy and said, "Murphy, I am so glad you decided to come to Mass, what made you come?"

Murphy said, "I've got to be honest with you Father - a while back, I misplaced me hat and I really, really love that hat. I know that McGlynn had a hat just like me hat, and I knew that McGlynn came to church every Sunday. I also knew that McGlynn had to take off his hat during Mass and figured he would leave it in the back of church.  So, I was going to leave after Communion and steal McGlynn's hat."

The priest said, "Well, Murphy, I notice that ya didn't steal McGlynn's hat. What changed your mind?"

Murphy said, "Well, after I heard your sermon on the 10 Commandments, I decided that I didn't need to steal McGlynn's hat after all."

The priest gave Murphy a big smile and said; "After I talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Steal', ya decided you would rather do without your hat than burn in Hell, right ?"

Murphy slowly shook his head and said, "No, Father, after ya talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery', I remembered where I left me hat."

No comments:

Post a Comment