Friday 11 November 2016

Rotary Club of Maleny Bulletin for 16th November 2016

"THE RANGE"  Vol. 58 No.10
WEDNESDAY 16TH NOVEMBER 2016

THIS WEEK'S MEETING
Maleny Hotel at 6:30 for 7:00pm with Guest Speaker our own Dr CL Claridge on her visit to Ebenezer.

APOLOGIES
Apologies to Bernice before noon on Tuesday.

DUTY ROSTERS                       
                               16th Nov        7th Dec            21st Dec                
Duty Officer            Phillip S         Malcolm B        Jim A                     
Assist DO               Chris R-S       Mike G            Chris B                      
Registration            Sherryl G       Ric T                Bill H
Fellowship              Bernice McL  John W            Roly N     
        
SAUSAGE SIZZLE ROSTER
19th November
Lionel Tilley  (Leader)  John and Bernice McLennan

3rd December
Jim Atkinson  (Leader)  Chris Ross-Smith  Angela Griffin

17th December
Bill Hankinson  (Leader)  Keith Rogers  Andy Shouteten   

MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
- Attendance & Apologies
- Minutes of previous meeting held 26th October 2016
- Business arising from meeting
  Confirm attendance at Christmas Party
- Financial report-all funds accounted for on Treasurer Jim's return from an overseas break.  Melbourne Cup Function very successful.Close to $7,000.Full report next Meeting.
- General business
  Bernice raise opportunity of having our Christmas party on 14/12/2016 at Bill Hankinson's.        
- Next meeting Date –Directors meeting 9/11/2016
- Close

Our Guest Speaker was Wendy Rosenfeldt on Transcendental Meditation & Ayurvedic Health.
She listed and explained the 8 benefits of Transcendental Meditation.  These are:
1.Success
2.Health
3.Energy
4.Resilience
5.Brain power
6.Clarity
7.Creativity
8.Happiness
We enjoyed the presentation and how these 8 points were drawn out and shared.  A copy of her Power Point presentation is attached to the bulletin notice.

MELBOURNE CUP LUNCH
We are indebted to Ric T for the following post on the Maleny Locals Helping Locals Facebook page:
 

The Rotary Club of Maleny's Melbourne Cup Day raised quite a few thousand dollars for The Blackall Range Care Group and The Maleny Neighbourhood
 Centre... and some local individuals had a win as well... :-)
 ...well done Nicole

FUTURE MEETINGS & EVENTS
23rd November
Masonic Hall at 5:30 for 6:00pm for Club Assembly and Annual General Meeting.

29th November
Rotary Foundation Centennial Dinner at Eatons Hill.

2nd December
Carols by candlelight

7th December
Maleny Hotel at 6:30 for 7:00pm with Guest Speaker Rae Guyder on Interplast.

9th December
Maleny Street Carnival

14th December 
Club Christmas Party at Bill and Marlene Hankinson’s.

21st December
TBA

WEDDING ANNIVERSARY FOR NOVEMBER
12th Ric and Jacinta  19th Mike and Sherryl

BIRTHDAYS FOR NOVEMBER
2nd Sherryl Gregory  4th Elaine Atkinson  11th Ric Townsend  25th Bill Hankinson 

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT
A WARNING TO THE NEXT GENERATION



Yesterday my daughter e-mailed me again, asking why I didn't do something useful with my time.

“Like sitting around the pool and drinking wine is not a good thing?” I asked.

Her talking about my  "doing-something-useful" seems to be her favorite topic of conversation. She was "only thinking of me", she said and suggested that I go down to the Senior Centre and hang out with the  gals.

I did this and when I  got home last night, I decided to play a prank on her.

I e-mailed her and told her that I had joined a Parachute Club.

She replied, "Are you nuts? You are 78 years old and now you're going to start jumping out of  airplanes?"

I told her that I even got a Membership  Card and e-mailed a copy to her.

She immediately telephoned me and yelled, "Good grief, Mum, where are  your glasses?!"

"This is a Membership to a  Prostitute Club, not a Parachute  Club."

"Oh man, I'm in trouble again,” I said,  “I really don't know what to do. I signed up for five jumps a week!!"

The line went quiet and her friend  picked up the phone and said that my daughter had fainted.


Life as a Senior  Citizen is not getting any easier, but sometimes it can be ever so much fun.  


1 comment: