"THE RANGE" The Rotary Club of Maleny Inc Bulletin Vol. 53 No. 14
THIS WEEK’S MEETING
Maleny Hotel at 6:30pm for 7:00pm with John Whan talking on "A humble wood worker."
Please tender meal apologies to Karen Binstead by noon Tuesday.
5 Oct 12 Oct 19 Oct
Duty Officer Sherry W Debra L Angela G
Registration Brian K Pat K Lloyd L
ADO & Scribe Keith R Dick A Lionel T
Fellowship Geoff C Brian D Charlotte G
SAUSAGE SIZZLE ROSTER
Michael Gregory (Leader) Sherryl Gregory Karen Binstead Rick Vickers
Angela Griffin (Leader) Malcolm Baker Brian Allen Tony Holmes
LAST WEEK’S MEETING
Although only few in numbers, but loud in voice, President Greg call us to order at 7.00pm for a quick informative meeting. Alternate drops of steak and mushroom sauce and chicken parmesan were quickly served and eaten with a considerable time for fellowship.
President Greg then moved into Directors reports as follows:
• An international night is being organised for 16 Nov in aid of Polio Plus
• Helpers are required to take down the Calendar Photos on Tuesday 4 Oct. at 9.00am at Maple 3. Come and have coffee on Lionel.
• Bike Ed in Maleny has been completed. Thanks for all who helped.
• Two students nominated by Maleny Rotary will be attending the Science Experience.
• A vocational visit to the Caloundra Air Museum is being investigated.
• The final meeting of Splendour in the Grass was held to discuss any future call if asked to participate.
Minutes will be circulated in due course.
• 70th anniversary of the gifting of land for Mary Cairncross Park is on 18 Oct. Maleny Rotary is running the lunch time BBQ.
• Club Assembly on 12 Oct at Maleny High with a BBQ meal at $10.
• The Christmas Carols and Street Carnival are in the planning stages for the first week in December.
Sergeant Rick, after a very low key introduction, proceeded to extract pain for members' misdemeanors. Brian D was fined for being wounded in the line of fire; Jim A for having a poofy conference bag; Rick for his loud red shirt; Greg S for his new collar put together by Secretary Karen; and Tony H for his complaints!! Sgt Rick has taken to heart the complaint from our ladies about his risqué jokes so Charlotte had one of her own (clean) about married bliss in 1933. Rick V won the heads and tails, but on scratching the card, won nothing to shout the bar.
Emily told the meeting that the camp really took her out of her comfort zone and built her confidence to handle unexpected situations. She was never bored and has made a new network of friends from different walks of life. Some of her memories will be pretending to be a chicken, an icebreaker exercise for the group and acting out situations which would have made her self conscious. Emily now has the confidence to put her nomination forward to be school captain next year and firmly believes you only get out what you are prepared to put into an opportunity.
She expressed her thanks to Maleny Rotary for giving her the opportunity to attend the RYPEN camp.
FUTURE MEETINGS & EVENTS
8th Oct BBQ at Mary Cairncross Park for their 70th anniversary.
8/9th Oct Relay for Life.
12th Oct Club Assembly at Maleny High School
18th Oct 70th Anniversary at Mary Cairncross Park
19th Oct "Up The Tiber" celebration at Tranquil Park
BIRTHDAYS FOR OCTOBER
1st Greg S 2nd Leanne K 8th Debra L Sherry W 12th Gloria R 14th Keith R
16th Kerry N 28th Bernice McL 30th Andy S 31st Gillian A
WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES FOR OCTOBER
2nd Geoff and Merlin 3rd David and Jean 18th Brian and Pamela 26th Rick and Cilla
NOW FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT
IN THE SPRING.......
1. MASCULINE RELAXATION
2. FEMININE CONCERN